Leading up to the 9th annual Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit (October 6-8) in Washington, D.C., Making Cents International is organizing a series of virtual events designed to increase knowledge sharing and capacity building for those working to ensure youth economic inclusion. The first event is the #YouthEO Twitter Chat: Scale in Practice | Thursday, July 30 | 9:00 AM EST
This one-hour Twitter chat will address how development practitioners and private and public sector actors can meet the growing demand for youth economic inclusion. Join @YouthEconOpps for this Twitter discussion on how to advance youth economic inclusion at scale by tweeting with #YouthEO. Twitter chat partners include Management Systems International, EDC and Udemy. Register today and learn more about how to get involved.
There are over 1.1 billion young people in the world who need to be able to find good jobs, start and grow businesses, gain access to appropriate financial services and overall, participate in the global economy. But how can development practitioners and private and public sector actors meet the growing demand for youth economic opportunity?
How it Works
On Twitter, @YouthEconOpps will share insights from stakeholders who are using technology, policy, markets and big data to advance youth economic inclusion at scale during a Twitter chat on July 30 at 9:00am EST (1:00pm GMT).
How to Participate
- On July 30 at 9:00 am, @YouthEconOpps will post the first question
- Tweet your responses to the questions using #YouthEO
- Monitor the #YouthEO hashtag to see what others have said
- You can retweet someone else’s response to show your support
- You can quote someone else’s response to reply to it, use #YouthEO
- @YouthEconOpps will post new questions every 8 minutes until 10:00 am
- Continue to post your answers to the questions and responses to others for the duration of the chat, use #YouthEO
- After the chat, Making Cents International will post an archive of the chat responses on www.YouthEconomicOpportunities.org